Any person traveling to India must be having mixed feelings about the trip. Though India is an extremely hospitable country. However, check out our advice if you want to thoroughly enjoy your trip. These tips to travel in India will be quite handy in your trip. You will have a general idea about what to expect and what not to. Go through our travel advice given below.
- Most Indians are warm people and ready to help whenever the need be. But still, exercise caution and stay away from over friendly strangers.
- Trust your instinct if you feel something is not right while traveling.
- Do not depend on strangers to book tickets for you. Contact a recognized travel agency.
- Do not carry huge sums of money with you and flash it in public.
- Dress up in a way that you don't hurt the Indian sensibilities. You will end inviting unwanted attention.
- Avoid confronting anyone with physical violence. India is a peace loving country and violent acts can invite the fury of the Indians.
- While visiting a place of worship, make sure you remove your footwear. Some places might also require you to cover your head.
- Stay in a recognized hotel. India has a number of 5 star and 4 star hotels to suit your taste and budget.
- Carry your medicines and other medical requirements with yourself always. You never know when it may come handy.
- Keep all your important documents and money safely and never leave valuables unattended.